I left the standard single bay GH6 Gray Hoverman antenna at the rented house when I moved out to my new place. Only recently that I had the time to construct an antenna again. I had chosen the GH10n3 version of the Gray Hoverman. The reasons were better gain and its dual band nature, UHF and VHF band III. It is slightly more complex than the GH6 but still it can be approached simply and without any sophisticated tools. The antenna is now up and running good except for a bit of double image. This I assume caused by 3 segments of different RF cables being used though all are of 75 Ohm type. One provided by the builder running from the living room to the roof. Another, a short run that I did when constructing the antenna and because the cable by the builder is not long enough I had to add another segment. So there are 3 cable segments and two joints from the antenna to the wall socket. Apparently there are mismatches. This I shall rectify after the Eid Festival.
(Note: Apparently the link above doesn’t work any more. Here’s another for GH10n3)
That said, here are the pictures of the steps that I did in constructing the antenna. Note that after the completion of the antenna, I decided to move the mounting from the rear stem to the main stem for the obvious reason, balance and stability.
For anybody interested in constructing one, here are my sketches derived from the interactive 3D models on nikiml’s Antenna page.
Update 14 March 2014
Here is a map from Google Map. My location is somewhere near the pointer. Local transmissions are located at Gunung Pulai (Mt Pulai) which is nearby but the line of sight for the transmissions from Singapore (on the larger green area near Choa Chu Kang) and Pulau Batam, Indonesia (on the very western side of the island) is slightly blocked by the mountain.
Update 21 February 2016
I have made another antenna after this one and made used of Ts and I drilled through the Ts so that it just slotted through the main stem and held them in their places with the PVC cement. Just recently I made another two using the method here and improved the method for aligning the mounts for the driven elements and Narod reflectors (the last three reflectors at the rear). I drilled a few holes and inserted screws to hold them in place, then I applied fast setting resin adhesive at the joints. Since resin is a very strong bonding material, it is very rigid and strong.